Assalamualaikum

I've watched Alice in Wonderland. Twice. But I sticked to my opinion that the storyline is not that interesting. The whole setup is funny though. Very fairytale-like. But when I finished watching it for the first time, I found myself disliking the ending. Why did she have to return to the real world. And why didn't they show her returning back to Wonderland again for good? I did expect her to return again. Just like the boy in The Book of Lost Things did.

I was always into fairytales myself. I loved ball gowns and any story that involved a charming prince and a beautiful lady. My family nicknamed me Kak Ni in Wonderland. For I never seemed to grow out of those stories. Imagination is where I retreated to everytime I found the reality too harsh. But as I grow up and settled at my own 'wonderland', as what I call it lately, my friends found me more logical than imaginative. My advices are always based on cold, hard facts.

And thus, when I finished watching the movie for the second time, I came to understand why Alice chose to leave Wonderland.

Assalamualaikum

0 comments: