Physical vs Intellect vs Emotion

Physical vs Intellect vs Emotion

Assalamualaikum

Last night, as I was waiting for Moshitta to be online, I found myself wandering off from one blog to another. Been long since I actually read people's blog since I couldn't really remember the URL. You see, I speed-dialed everything from my opera back home in Seoul but I can't possibly do that here. So my usual read here in Malaysia, Totin's, Chika's and Kiki's. I bloghop to Chika's from Totin's and lose everything else. But last night I bloghopped from here to there and ended up at my super junior's, Azri's. There I found this very interesting piece about pyhsical attraction. BUT would it be OK to be with someone but minus out the physical factor? - was his question. The other 2 factors are emotion and intellect. Well, just like Azri, isn't it? To come up with such brilliant idea of writing. I always thought his blog is a bit more than just a teenage blog.

Well, let's see what I think of the whole things. Can we actually be with someone whom we are not physically attracted to? I'd say, maybe, no. Over the years I've been asking my best male friends if they'd want to date girls who are nowhere near decent looking, and their answers were an honest 'no'. But before you started to loathe those who said so, you have to remember that the physical attraction itself is something abstract to be judged objectively. You may say that a guy is not that good-looking but your friend may find him drop-dead gorgeous. You may say that you would kill for girls with height like supermodels but your friends may say that the long legs are not to die for. So in my opinion, there's no really such thing as being with someone without being physically attracted to, it's just that our views of what the physical factor is itself is different from one person to another.

Intellect. Well, I live my life being fed with informations that girls are always smarter than guys. But growing up, I realize that girls are never so. I read somewhere in the magazine that smart is the new sexy. Guys nowadays do look for intelligence. Blonde hair and skimpy outfit with zero brains clearly is nowhere near acceptable anymore. Pink's piece of Stupid Girl said it all. But anyway, it goes the same way with guys. Not that I only want to date geniuses, no. In fact, I DON'T WANT TO DATE A GENIUS. It would be too much. I don't mind guys who don't have a CGPA of 4.0 (or in our case, 4.5) and I don't mind them not being top of class or having brilliant ideas all the time. As long as they know some few random stuffs that I don't, can give me good advices when I'm in trouble and knows that I need a shoulder to cry on and someone to listen when I'm crying, NOT a stupid joke.

Emotion. It's the biggest lie to say that you can be with someone without the emotional attachment. Oh well, maybe you say you are with him/her because of his money. Well, then there is still emotional attachment, isn't there? To the money, I mean. Not to him/her =p I can't imagine being with someone whom I'm not emotionally attached to. Oh wait, I did that. Once. Out of sympathy. And a dare from a friend. Haha~ That reminds me. Adeeb must be laughing right now. Ok, ok. Back to subject. Let's just say a relationship without emotional attachment won't last long. Because nobody is perfect. You'll need the emotional factor to stand and endure the imperfections, the craps and everything else that happens through the relationship. Without the emotional factor you'll have no reason else to stick to that person till the end, will you?

My rank is emotional > intellect > physical. I think everybody else would say so too.

Till then =)

2 comments:



h i t a m p u t i h said...

yaaa...true you are ...agreed with u...What is important to a relationship is a harmony of emotional roles and not too great a disparity in the general level of intelligence..thanx for ur comment..do really appreciate it..

bila balik sini?..nak KFC

mnguni said...

cerdik is bkn jaminan hehe