Back from Camp

Assalamualaikum

I remembered the day I flew back to Korea, I touched very little of my breakfast. The steward asked me if I would want nasi lemak instead. I said no. Playfully, he replied, "Berlagak eh." I returned the comment with a laugh. I got back to writing the yellow visitor's form. It felt awkward filling it in. In the past, I did not so much as glanced at it, considering registered residence doesn't have to fill visitor's form. But at that time, I was flying without my residential card.

At the space marked occupation, I hesitated. The E word wasn't really something I got used to using. So does writing my place of work. Actually, I'm still not used to say anything about working.

Remember when I said I went to camp. Well, I didn't actually went into the forest or up the mountain or even to remote area. And I didn't sleep in tent or with 11 other people in a dormitory filled with double-deckers. I shared my so-called 'dormitory' with another girl and it has the most fabulous beds. White spreadsheet and fluffy white duvet and even fluffier pillow. The maintenance cleaned our private bathroom, replace the towels and clear the trash on daily basis. At least I thought so. I never really knew. All I knew is that the bathroom was always clean, the towels were always fresh and the trash bin was cleared whenever we returned to our room. The cafeteria served the most delicious pastry bread (triple heart the butter!) and cream soup (mushroom or corn or vegetables). It has indoor golf facilities, running machines and sauna.

There was a grand piano at the lobby, super-comfy sphere-shaped couches, and real exotic plants in the lobby. It was far from a camp, admittedly. It was actually an in-house training center.

My team at camp consisted of 19 people including me and I'm the only engineer among the girls. So I came as strikingly different than them. Cultural background, appearance, personality and outspokenness wise. Does the word outspokenness even exist? I'm too lazy to check the dictionary now. Will check it later. After all, my roommate did tell me my Korean pronounciation is better than my English pronounciation. Haha.

I had my first paycheck and realized how many things I had to buy and wonder if I will be able to save any of it. Another training will start Monday next week, so I have 6 days in total to spend money. Haha kidding.

It's nearly six over here so I guess I'll stop babbling now. See you soon.

Assalamualaikum

0 comments: