The Reason

Assalamualaikum

Things happen for a reason. And I believe that my life is fair. I don't get all I wish for, but I am given wonderland. The place to live my dream and heal my pain.

"It's all about the destination. The journey is immaterial," - Kate Hemmingway in You're the One that I Don't Want.

How many times a day do we think it doesn't matter how it ended, as long as we go on the journey? In my life, there are several times when I think the journey itself doesn't matter at all. Remember when I needed an A+ badly in Fluid Mechanics? And I really think I did well in the exam only to find out later that my marks is only around average, which means a B or B+. Yet when the results came out I still got an A+. And what about the A+ in CAD when I didn't even submit my mid-term paper? And the visa I ended up getting after some struggles and countless tears. Sometimes we get things the easy way. And sometimes we have to go to every extent that we can. But in the end, I believe, Allah gives us what we deserve and what is good for us. And at this very moment I am endlessly grateful I was given wonderland, despite my doubt earlier of whether or not to go. I was given the chance with a reason. And I know now what the reason is.

Alhamdulillah for this life I'm living :)

My flight is in less than eight hours. I hope I have a safe journey and the summer sunshine of wonderland will greet me at the other side of the six-hours flight.

Assalamualaikum

0 comments: