The Missing of School Years

Assalamualaikum

I was going through my picture folder when one of my dormmates from high school remind me of high school life. I just have to say I had a fabulous school years. From primary school to lower secondary to upper secondary to varsity. I can't remember a time when I hoped I was not a student.

Primary school was ehem.. embarrassing. But I did enjoy it. It was the time when it was ok to be comot after eating tempe goreng. Back then I had absolutely zero idea why were my friends all thrilled to finally get to learn science subject. I wasn't a fan of science. Engineering was so not my ambition. Clearly because back then most students wanted to be engineers. I didn't know what engineers do and jumping into the pool clueless wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do. I wanted to do something related to literature. Journalism, maybe.

Lower secondary was ehem... troublesome. Haha. The time when I continued being clueless about future. Having no exact ambitions except doing well in the next exam. Science still wasn't my favorite subject. But then again neither was geography. Especially when we had a strict teacher. Being on the caklempong team was fun. Skipping classes on purpose so that we could laze in the air-conditioned music room. Going over to Adeeb's and she cooked us lunch before all of us went for zapin practice. Hang out at Tasik Y with Dayah. Stupid fights with Izi :p

Upper secondary was ehem... there isn't one single word to explain it. It was many things into one. Burger supper at gazebo budi (or was it gazebo best?), almost got busted when spying upon somebody so my classmate and I was out of breath when we reached dining hall for supper; partly because of running and partly because we laughed to much, heart-pouring in front of girls toilet at third floor where I bonded with Dila and a few others, heart-pouring with Lisya on her bed (ouch, I miss her), the fun LK class over at Jatek etc. I could go on and on and on about upper secondary.

Matriculation was short but memorable enough. Um.. yeah memorable enough. I only got to go to class for a week anyway. But I was in the same room as Totin, my childhood friend.

Intec was ehem... laughable, I guess. Dinner roti canai berpinggan-pinggan siap tambah, playing swings at the playground; Diyana used to swing so high I could get dizzy just by looking at her, talking on the phone for hours with Zatul; that was how I bonded with her I guess, apart from the same addiction of mi goreng sebelah BSN.

SNU was ehem... another playtime. Why was my school years full of play again? But it got boring soon enough when there's nothing to do but sentence-constructing, article-summarizing and chinese-character-memorizing. But I do enjoy the chocolate waffle as well as the starcraft game :p

DYTC was ehem... fabulous. School. Shopping. School. Shopping. School. And shopping again. I guess I rarely do anything else. Except playing lineage :p

KU was ehem... was where I really learned to see things kot. It was where I learned to work hard and fell in love with science. It was where I learned to love reading my textbook and drink coffee. Where I learned to go to school library and look up for reference books.

My school years got less interesting as I neared the end. But I also grew up. At the end of it I see myself as not anymore the same person whom I was at the start. Not anymore clueless, not knowing what I would want to do. Not anymore a bitter person, grudging on others. One thing stays the same though throughout the years. I never hate exams and studying. The homework bothers me but certainly not the school, not the exams, not the studying. It made me realized the one thing I like : learning.

Assalamualaikum

3 comments:



Mardhiah S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mardhiah S said...

U may have graduated frm KU but u (and I) still are freshmen at School of Life :p

Sabrina said...

=) i never liked samura. But one thing i know... the memories with friends there always make me smile...